DIY String Chandeliers
1. Inflate multiple sized balloons to a medium size so the shape is roundest.
2. Grab a tarp or old blanket to cover your work area. This gets VERY messy. Mix corn starch, glue and warm water together until it has a smooth texture.
3. Smear Vaseline all over your balloon until it is completely coated so the yarn wet with glue won’t stick on the balloon after dry.
4. This is ideally a two person job at minimum. I recommend one person feeding the yarn through the glue mix and giving to another person to wrap it around the balloon.
5. Start wrapping the balloon vertically, slowly changing to horizontal wrapping. For a seamless look, tuck the ends of the twine under one of the wrapped strings.
6. Wait 24 hours until the balloon has completely dried before popping the balloon.